Notorious Ph.D. has the idea to get her house in order, metaphorically or otherwise, by June 1, and I thought, hey, that's an excellent goal. The English final exam is the morning of the 1st, so that makes it a timely goal for having my act together. Here's what I'd like to get done between now and then:
- Finish all of the grading for my AP Lit students and 9th-graders. I've made good progress on that goal this weekend, and I'm hoping to get a lot of this wrapped up tomorrow on Memorial Day.
- Some school administrative stuff: write up a blurb about a student who's winning an award, publish some articles in the school newspaper, put in my book order for next year, etc. Oh, and plan the college essay writing-workshop
- Write end-of-year comments for AP Lit and Journalism, and draft comments for my freshmen.
- Mow the lawn, put down some seed, do some mulching -- basically, do enough so that I can hold up my head in the neighborhood.
- Do some serious clearing up in the house. Hmm -- focus on the study, which is definitely the worst spot in the house, or do maybe an hour in each room?
(ETA: I just remembered one more thing: I have to read a novel by a grad school friend, because that friend will be in town and we're getting together on June 1!)
This is not an unreasonable list -- totally doable by June 1, a week from today. I've been letting the stress of the end of the year get to me this past week (one reason for the lack of blogging -- I was kind of an unhappy camper for a few days there), but I'm determined to put myself in an appropriately summer frame of mind in the next few days. Stress isn't allowed to intrude on my summer!